The living room is the heart and soul of any home. It is the place where we read the morning newspaper, sip hot cups of tea, or simply lounge around to unwind after a hectic day. The special bond that we share with our drawing rooms makes it imperative to model the space in a way that speaks to us. What better way to revamp your drawing room than to opt for a modern centre table?
A lot of us do not pay much heed to the drawing room’s centre table, but trust us when we say that it can transform the space and make it much cosier. Do you want to know how a centre table will revitalise the mood, feel, and appeal of your living room? If so, read ahead.
Things to keep in mind before buying a centre table
In today’s day and age, buying any piece of furniture is an investment. Therefore, as a smart consumer, you should put some thought and care into your purchase.
As the centre table resides at the heart of your drawing room, it should subtly grab attention. In addition, the best centre table for your drawing room is the one that meets both form and function. In other words, the centre table you choose should fulfil the following requirements:
- It should be utilitarian.
- It has to be practical enough to serve as a coffee spot as well as a spot to stack magazines.
- It should be trendy.
- It should fit the aesthetics of your home.
- The optimal centre table will upgrade the look of your living room.
Apart from the criteria mentioned above, some of the expert advice you can follow in choosing the right centre table for your living room area is as follows:
Tip 1: Size Matters: The ideal centre table anchors the furniture in your living room by filling in the gap while providing enough space for movement around the furniture.
- The centre table should have a distance of 18 inches from other furniture.
- The table should be smaller than two-thirds of the largest piece of seating in the room.
- It should have enough space for the placement of showpieces and other objects like magazines, laptops, etc.
- For easy access, the table’s height should be the same as or a few inches lower than the sofa.
Tip 2: Shape is Important: Your sofa’s shape will determine the shape of your centre table.
- If you have a rectangular sofa or an L-shaped lounge, go for a rectangular table.
- For smaller sofas with square seating space, a square or round centre table is optimal.
Tip 3: Consider the Aesthetics: The centre table of your drawing room is bound to draw the attention of visitors; therefore, it should have a pleasing aesthetic that matches your room’s vibe. For instance, you can match the centre table with the colours, textures, and patterns in your living room: It is the safest way to get the “aesthetic” right.
Now that we know how to choose the right centre table for the drawing room, let us look at a few of the best designs of the season.
The best living room centre tables that you can invest in 2022
1. Mirrored Glass Block-Style Centre Table: If your style is minimalistic and simple, then the block-style centre table made of translucent glass will blow your mind. This unique furniture item from All Home Living can substitute for a “piece of art.”
- Unique design
- Sleek look
- Will look good in different living room setups
- Spacious platform
- High maintenance
- Can be too plain for some
2. Fireplace Design Centre Table: How about combining your drawing room’s centre table with a fireplace? Sounds intriguing, right? Nowadays, centre tables with fireplace features are gaining popularity. They look stunning and are perfect for getting if you want fuzzy, cosy vibes all year around.
- Unique Design
- Showstopper quality
- Great for the winters
- Optimal for people living in a cold climate
- It can be impractical
- Can be hazardous without discretion
- Restrictive design
3. Sheesham Wood Centre Table with Shelves: If you are someone who loves the feel of luxury, then the Sheesham centre table from Amazon will be your best bet. If you want to add some gravitas to your living room and make it comfortable at the same time, then do not think twice and book this table immediately.
- Classy design
- Low maintenance
4. Floral Engraved Metal Centre Table: The stunning and intricate centre table from Wooden Street is optimal if you want to add some jazz to your living room and still keep things sober. If you love antique furniture, then you will love this table. It is the perfect combination of class and modernity.
- No storage space
- It can be difficult to maintain
5. Duochrome Contemporary Centre Table: If you are looking for a centre table for your drawing room that is elegant, modern, and practical, then you have found your match. This contemporary centre table from BLUEWUD is best for new-age living rooms that demand something sophisticated. In addition, there are brown and white duo-chrome shades.
- Classy design
- Spacious and practical
- User has to assemble the centre table themselves
Wrapping It Up
So, there we have it, the five best centre tables for the drawing room in 2022! If you want to invest in top-notch furniture but are worried about finance, then Piramal’s personal loan options can help!
Also Read: Pick the Best Medical Insurance Plans Online