In India, you need an Aadhaar card to prove who you are and where you live. The Indian government uses this 12-digit number to identify each of its citizens and residents uniquely. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) gives out the Aadhar card details. After signing up for your UIDAI Aadhaar card at any of the Aadhaar centres, banks, or post offices, all you need is your name and date of birth to download and print it. You don’t even need the number on your Aadhar card.
Checking Aadhar Card Details Using your Name and Birth Date
Step 1: Get started by logging on to the UIDAI website.
Step 2: On the main page, select the tab labelled “My Aadhaar.”
Step 3: Choose “Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID” from the list of options that are shown.
Step 4: Choose the Aadhaar Number option on the page.
Step 5: Enter your complete name.
Step 6: Enter either the e-mail address or mobile number associated with your registered account.
Step 7: Fill in the captcha code for verification.
Step 8: After clicking the “Send OTP” button, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Step 9: Enter the OTP that was sent to your mobile device, and then click “Login”.
Step 10: The message that the Aadhaar number has been issued to your registered cellphone number will be displayed in a pop-up window on the screen.
Step 11: After receiving an enrollment number for your Aadhaar on your mobile device, you will need to revisit the official UIDAI website, which can be found at uidai.gov.in.
Step 12: Choose “My Aadhaar” from the list of available options.
Step 13: Download your Aadhar card by selecting that option from the drop-down menu.
Step 14: On the new page that appears, select the option “I have Aadhaar.”
Step 15: Enter your Aadhaar card number detail and the captcha code.
Step 16: Hit “Send OTP”.
Step 17: Simply enter the OTP and proceed to verify and download.
How to Print Your e-Aadhaar Card After Downloading
Your computer will automatically download a PDF of the document. You will need a password to access this file. Your name and the date of your birth are combined to form the password. You are required to enter in capital letters, the first four letters of your name as they appear on your Aadhaar card as well as your birth year formatted in the YYYY format. When you have finished entering the password, the digital version of your Aadhaar card will be displayed on the screen.
Aadhaar Card Download: Why Your Name and Birth Date Matter
A person’s name and date of birth recorded with UIDAI are needed to download an Aadhaar card if the card is lost and the enrolled person doesn’t remember the Aadhar Card number. The name and date of birth are used to find the Aadhaar number which lets the Aadhaar card be downloaded online.
The UIDAI has made it possible to get your Aadhaar number back through the internet in case it gets lost or stolen. This is true for all those who have already signed up and those who haven’t. If you lose your Aadhaar card, you can get your Aadhaar number from any computer, anywhere in the world, at any time, by entering your name and date of birth.
Searching for Aadhaar Status using Name and Date of Birth
Earlier there did not exist an excellent monitoring system that allowed you to check the status of your Aadhaar application using your name. Now you can accomplish this by following the additional steps that are detailed below.
1. Visit the UIDAI Self-service update portal SSUP.
2. Along with your name, email address, and mobile number, you will need to enter either your Aadhar number or your enrolment number.
3. Once all the information has been entered, an Aadhaar or enrollment number will be sent to your registered mobile number through a text message.
4. After you have received the details, you can proceed to download your Aadhar card or use status repair services.
Advantages of e-Aadhaar Card:
- It is convenient to get an e-Aadhaar card because it may be accessed from anywhere and at any time.
- There’s no need to worry about losing or misplacing your e-Aadhaar because it is stored digitally.
- The e-Aadhaar card serves both as identification and proof of address, similar to the physical Aadhaar card.
- The Aadhaar card is required to receive government benefits such as free LPG and other programmes.
- Aadhaar cards can’t be downloaded until a person’s mobile phone number is on file with UIDAI.
- Before permitting the Aadhaar pdf download, UIDAI sends an OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Without the OTP, you won’t be able to download your Aadhaar card.
- Infinite e-Aadhaar card downloads are possible.
- Your downloaded e-Aadhaar card can replace your physical Aadhaar card in any situation where you would normally provide the physical card.
- You can receive a hard copy of your Aadhaar card after downloading it from the official website by entering your password.
UIDAI offers you to download an updated Aadhaar card online to eradicate the need to carry around a physical ID. It guarantees the safety of your personal information using a variety of biometric devices, such as fingerprint software for PCs, facial recognition software, etc. Hopefully, you now feel confident in your ability to check your Aadhar card details using your name and date of birth. Read more related blogs on the Piramal Finance website, or explore our financial products and services, such as personal loans, credit cards and financial calculators.
Also Read: The Best Laptops Under Rs. 30000 In India