Guide to Download COVID Vaccine Certificate
The first outbreak of the COVID-19 virus was from a lab in Wuhan, China, in 2019. This is a positive sense RNA virus that can encode its own proteins once it enters the host. COVID-19 has claimed more than 50 lakh people’s lives. COVID has been prevalent for a long time, but it was host specific, so humans were safe. Later due to a mutation in the COVID genome, it started affecting humans. When sequenced, the Coronavirus showed similarities to SARS and MERS. The spike protein was an addition to this virus which helped COVID in evading the host defence machinery system.
The spike protein of the Coronavirus interacts with the host’s skin ace receptor and enters the body. The symptoms of the disease include:
- Loss of taste or smell
There were 4 strains initially prevalent, namely, the Alpha, Beta, Delta, and Omicron variants. The Mu variant is currently widespread. Among them, the Delta variant was considered the most dangerous.
Now, these viruses have the capability to evade our defence machinery. So, in order to train our bodies to combat the virus, we need to administer certain vaccines.
Vaccines are biological preparations that immunize the body against particular diseases.
We have two types of immunity: innate immunity and acquired immunity. Innate immunity is the type that we inherit from birth like our tears have lysozyme and saliva has antibiotic properties. Acquired immunity is the type that we acquire over the course of our lives.
The COVID vaccine is prepared using different methods. There are two different vaccines manufactured in India, COVISHIELD and Covaxin. Covaxin is an Indian vaccine manufactured by Bharat Biotech.
The vaccines are again of two types: dead inactive and live attenuated. Both have their pros and cons.
- Dead Inactive
- No replication of the virus.
- A booster dose is needed
- There is no transcription
- These cannot cause the disease
- These cause a weak immune response, hence need multiple doses
- Live attenuated
- The virus injected would be live
- Viruses will be capable of replication
- They would cause transcription
- If this is a success, then there would be no requirement for booster doses
The Cowin app can be called the digital backbone of India. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the availability of vaccines was displayed on the Cowin app, and Indian citizens were able to book their vaccination appointments on it.
You could register for the vaccine using either the Aarogya Setu app, the Cowin app, or their websites. After 20 minutes, you would be automatically logged out, and you would have to sign in again. You could only refresh the site up to 15 times. One should always do proper research before going in for a vaccination appointment. Check for the availability of the vaccines and then book your slot.
One should always take the following precautionary measures while taking the COVID vaccine:
- Carry a hand sanitiser
- Wear a mask at all times
- Check the date of the appointment in advance
- Wear a loose long sleeves shirt so the health workers can easily access your arm region
Always keep this in mind:
- A small prick can save you and your family’s life
- Always stay calm in all situations and take deep breaths
- If you fear needles, then just look away, as you cannot skip this
How to Download the Vaccine Certificate?
You can download your vaccination certificate from either the Arogya Setu app, the Cowin app, or their websites.
How to download the certificate:
- Step 1: Go to the https://www.cowin.gov.in/ website
- Step 2: Click on the sign-in option
- Step 3: Using your mobile phone number provided during the registration, sign in using the OTP
- Step 4: Click on the desired name and click on the certificate option
- Step 5: There would be two options available: a vaccination certificate and an international travel certificate
- Step 6: If you want proof of vaccination for local purposes, then you can select ‘vaccination certificate’
- Step 7: Those who want the international travel certificate need to fill up their passport details before downloading their vaccination certificate
How to Download Certificate from Aarogya Setu App
- Step 1: Download the Arogya Setu app from the Google Play Store
- Step 2: Open the app and enter your registered mobile number
- Step 3: Click on the vaccination option and then ‘Download Certificate’
- Step 4: From the list of names, select your name and download the required certificate from the app
One can also show and access their vaccination certificate from the app itself.
The Aarogya Setu app was designed to keep you safe by alerting you if you have been near any infected person. In this way, you can know when to take precautionary measures for COVID-19.
You should always carry your vaccination certificate because these certificates are required to enter many places, especially international locations. COVID-19 certificates are also required when you enter certain places like theatres, malls and examination halls.
After getting the COVID-19 vaccine, it is of utmost importance that you obtain the vaccination certificate too. Even after you get the vaccination, it doesn’t mean that you are completely immunised. There are still chances that you can be affected. The vaccines reduce the probability of getting infected. Visit Piramal Finance’s website for more such blogs and explore their financial products and services.
Also Read: Top Reasons You Should Not Miss The COVID-19 Vaccine
More articles for you
Top 10 Best Credit Cards In India Based On Your Need You Should Know
How to Apply for a New Aadhaar Card Online?
Everything You Need to Know About the EMI Calculator
Things To Consider Before Buying Dressing Table With Storage
Everything You Need to Know About Form 16a