Today, dealing with money without going to the bank is easy. With digitisation, you can send money, receive money, check your account balance, and deposit money with just one click. Digitisation has made it easier, but you still need to monitor your bank balance. You need to know how much money you have in your bank account to find out immediately about any scams or failures.
Do you want to know how to check your bank balance without going to a bank? This article will discuss easy ways to determine how much credit you have in your bank account.
Before you check your bank balance, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- First, make sure that your phone number is registered with the bank.
- Second, ensure the contact number works so you can make and receive phone calls.
- Third, you should have set up internet banking services.
- Last, your ATM and debit card must be linked to your bank account.
Here are some steps to follow to check your bank balance:
Net banking is one of the fastest and easiest ways to determine how much money you have in your bank account. All you have to do is go to the website for your bank and log in. If you are not signed in, you will need to sign up.
- All you have to do to sign up is enter information like your phone number, account number, email address, debit card number, and CVV number.
- After you enter these details, a one-time password will be sent to you. You can set up your username and password after you enter the OTP.
So, now you’re signed up and can easily log in whenever you want to see how much money you have. In addition to checking your bank balance, you can transfer money, pay bills, and do other online transactions with net banking.
You can also use text messages to check your bank balance. This service is available to all bank account holders. If you get SMS alerts when you register for a new bank account, your balance and the amount credited or debited will be sent to you after every transaction.
Aside from this, you can also check your bank balance by sending a text message from your registered mobile number to the bank number.
Use an ATM
You can also use an ATM to check your bank balance. All you have to do is enter your debit card or ATM card and follow the steps given.
- Swipe your ATM or debit card.
- Type in the PIN (a four- or six-digit code).
- Choose the “Balance Enquiry” option.
- You can check your bank balance.
One important thing to remember when using an ATM to check your bank balance is to use an ATM from your bank. You might have to pay a fee if you use an ATM from a different bank. You might have to pay an extra fee if you use an ATM from a foreign bank.
Through UPI and other apps for banking
With UPI and other banking apps, it’s easy to see how much money you have in your account. If you’ve never used UPI, here are the steps to follow:
- Download any UPI on your mobile.
- To send an SMS from a mobile device with a UPI app, make sure the SIM card for the registered mobile number has enough money on it and is active.
- To make sure your phone number is verified, the app will send you an SMS.
- After the verification, you will be asked to create a UPI ID and a separate PIN.
- After you set up your PIN, which is a four-digit code, the registration process is done.
Remember that if you already have a UPI ID for one app, you can use that same ID for all other apps. Also, some apps can ask for your email address. In some cases, the email address might not match the email address that was registered.
To see how much money you have in your bank account, go to the UPI app and choose the “check account balance” option. When you enter your UPI PIN, the balance will be shown automatically, and there is no charge for this.
Contact the bank
If you don’t feel comfortable using digital methods, you can also call your bank. But if the bank’s system is not automated, you might only be able to talk to a person during certain hours instead of all the time. Also, if the system is automated and works 24/7, you can easily check your balance by entering your account number and PIN.
Set up alerts
You don’t have to always check your balance manually. Instead, you can ask your bank to send you details whenever something happens. You can set up alerts to let you know when your bank balance is low or when a big transaction or withdrawal has happened. You can be notified by text or email.
When a customer makes a missed call from their registered mobile number, the bank sends a balance update message. To get updates about missed calls, you have to provide some information. The needed information is listed below.
If your cell phone number is registered with the bank, you will get balance updates.
The number must be active to make a missed call and get an SMS.
This service should be available through your bank.
After reading this article, you should have a clearer understanding of how to check your bank balance without having to physically go to the bank. Now that you know you can check your bank balance online and in other ways, do it often!
People who want to know how to check their bank balance can get great help from Piramal Finance. You can read important blogs about easy business and personal loans, financial products, and solutions here.