If you are earning a taxable income in India, you ought to have a PAN card. The good news is that you don’t have to go all the way to a national office to get it. The online process for PAN card application is quite hassle-free. All you need to do is fill out an online PAN card application form and pay the processing fee. Once received, copies of the required documents can be sent by post to either NSDL or UTIITSL for verification purposes.
Do you know that the E-PAN card is also a valid proof of PAN? It is issued by the Income Tax Department. The QR code on the E-PAN card could be scanned for your demographic information. You can apply for an E-PAN card free of charge if your Aadhaar number and mobile number are registered in your profile.
Read on to learn the process of applying for and downloading your E-PAN card online.
Steps To File An Online PAN Card Application
You can download your E-PAN card through two portals, i.e., NSDL and UTIISL.
Follow the steps mentioned below to get your E-PAN card online through NSDL:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NSDL to apply online
Step 2: Choose the correct application type and select the category you belong to, i.e., individual or associations of persons, a body of individuals, etc.
Step 3: Fill out all the important details, such as your name, date of birth, E-mail address, and mobile number in the online PAN card application form
Step 4: When prompted, click on the ‘Continue with the PAN Application Form’ option
Step 5: You will now be given a choice of either a physical PAN card or an E-PAN card. Once selected, you need to provide the last 4 digits of your 12-digit Aadhaar number
Step 6: Now, you must fill in required personal details, contact details, and other information in the application form
Step 7: Once done, you will be required to enter your area code, Assessing Office (AO) type, and other relevant details and submit the documents and click on the declaration.
Follow the steps mentioned below to get an online E-PAN card through UTIISL:
Step 1: Go to the UTIITSL website and select the ‘Apply for New PAN Card (Form 49A)’ option
Step 2: Select ‘Physical/Digital Mode’ and enter all personal details
Step 3: Look for any errors in the PAN application form and click on the ‘Submit’ option once done
Step 4: Once the verification is done, you need to make a payment through online gateway options. You will also receive payment confirmation on your registered mobile number
Step 5: Now, you need to affix two passport-sized photographs with dimensions of 3.5 × 2.5 cm on the printed form and sign on the form
Step 6: Finally, you must provide a copy of your identity proof and address proof with your PAN application form and submit it online
You can also submit the form at the nearest UTIITSL office and put in a request to issue a PAN card.
Downloading Your E-PAN Card
You can also download your E-PAN card through the NSDL or UTIITSL website by selecting digital mode instead of physical mode and following similar steps. Below mentioned is the quickest way to download your E-PAN card when you already have a PAN card.
- Visit Download E-PAN card
- Enter your PAN, valid Aadhar Number, and other required details
- Submit the OTP received on your Aadhaar registered mobile number to complete the process
- On successful completion, you’ll receive a 15-digit acknowledgement number
- You can check the status of your request anytime by providing your Aadhaar number and, on a successful allotment, you can download your E-PAN card
- You will also receive your E-PAN card on your registered E-mail ID
Applying for a PAN Card – Things To Keep In Mind
- To identify the authenticity of a PAN card, you must know it consists of 10 alphanumeric characters and has your full name, photograph, date of birth, and your signature
- You will receive your PAN card by post at the registered address that you provided while filling out the application form for your PAN card
- It is mandatory to link your PAN card with your 12-digit Aadhaar card number
- You will receive your PAN card within 15 working days from the date of application
- Ensure that you don’t apply for two PAN cards as this is considered a violation under the Income Tax Act, 1961, and you might be asked to pay a penalty of Rs. 10,000
- If you want to get your PAN card delivered to Indian premises, you will be charged a PAN application fee of Rs. 110 (including GST), whereas for dispatching of PAN card outside India, you will be charged a fee of Rs. 1020 (including GST)
- Minors can quote the PAN card of their parents, or guardians provided, as they do not have any taxable income.
E-PAN Card is Valid
You must know that both an E-PAN card and a regular PAN card are equally valid. Both UTIISL and NSDL are equally reliable as both fall under the Income Tax Department. Use the steps mentioned above to get your E-PAN card online. If you need help in making informed financial decisions, consult a financial expert like Piramal Finance. You could also check out their customised loan solutions and choose among the best options.
Also Read: Best Inverters For Homes In India in 2022