How to check your bank balance online?
Nowadays, banks provide their customers with online banking services that are pretty useful. Whether it is shopping online or paying a utility bill, everything is easy when you have a bank account with online transaction facilities. You can also deposit money in your account or transfer money to another account through online banking, right from the comfort of your home.
However, it is essential to conduct a bank balance check regularly to know your account balance. Performing a regular online balance enquiry will also help keep you from falling victim to online fraud.
Like any other banking transaction, you can now do an online balance check for your account in many ways. Depending on what your bank has to offer, you can use SMS banking, Net banking, or UPI apps to check your bank balance online.
Conducting an online balance enquiry is easy. However, there are a few things you need to remember before doing any online banking transactions:
- It is essential to register your mobile number with the bank. It will help you send and receive crucial information related to your account through SMS.
- You can choose to use net banking when you open an account so that you can do your banking online.
- Most banks have applications that make online banking easier. If your bank has an app, download it on your smartphone to access your account-related information anytime.
- UPI apps can also be used to conduct an online balance check. You can link your bank account with any UPI app to make online transactions easier.
- Make sure to apply for a debit card for your bank account. You can use your debit card to make card payments online or at POS machines.
Different Ways to Know Your Bank Balance Online
Do you want to know the different ways to conduct a bank balance check online? Here is a detailed list for you:
- Bank balance check through text messages-
The easiest way for you to check your bank balance online is through SMS banking. Almost all banks provide SMS banking facilities to their customers. Also, you do not need a smartphone to activate SMS banking. You need to register your mobile number with the bank and link it to your bank account. This way, you will receive alerts on your phone through SMS whenever there is a transaction in your account. You will also receive bank balance notifications regularly.
- Online balance check through net banking
A net banking facility is another easy way to check your bank balance online. If you are a first-time user, you can activate net banking for your account. Then, you must visit the bank’s official website to register. You can click on the link that says “Register.” Enter your account details and set a password. Once you set up your net banking, you can log in to your account from anywhere. You can use net banking to make payments or carry out other online transactions. You can also use it to check account-related information like your bank balance and transaction history.
- Balance enquiry through mobile banking
Mobile banking has become an exceedingly common and easy way to do bank transactions. If your bank has a mobile application, you can use it as one of the easiest and quickest ways to check your bank balance. Just download the bank’s mobile application on your smartphone and register yourself by setting up a PIN. Once that is done, you can open your mobile application to check your bank balance anytime.
- Bank balance check through the debit card
If you have a debit card linked to your bank account, you can use it to check your bank balance. However, you may have to visit an ATM for this. First, take your ATM card and insert it into the machine’s slot. You will be redirected to follow a certain number of steps on the screen of the machine. You can select the option “Balance enquiry.” You can also use this service to get a mini statement with details of your last three transactions. The machine will provide you with a printed copy of the same. Remember to use your own bank’s ATM. Using this facility on other bank ATMs may attract an additional fee.
- Online balance check through UPI apps
UPI apps like Google Pay, PhonePe, and Paytm can also help you get your bank balance information at your fingertips. You can easily register yourself on any UPI app by following the following steps:
- Download your chosen UPI app from the Play Store on your smartphone.
- Open the app and enter the mobile number linked to your bank account.
- The app will automatically detect the account details linked to the mobile number. If not, you may manually enter your bank account information.
- Once done, you can access your account information through the app.
- You can use the app to check your bank balance online.
UPI apps are pretty secure and protect your banking details with a PIN. You need this PIN to access your account details or conduct other transactions. It reduces the chances of your bank account details being misused.
There are many ways to check your bank balance online. You can use any of the methods mentioned above that suit you best. Every bank provides different services to its customers. You can check with your bank for other options to conduct bank balance checks. When it comes to banking, never share your banking details and other financial information with others to keep yourself protected from fraud.
Looking for more banking information? Visit Piramal Finance for more informational blogs. Check out our website for other financial services like housing or MSME loans, personal loans, etc.
Also Read: All You Need to Know About Account Balance Check?
More articles for you
How To Calculate Returns of Mutual Fund SIPs Using MS Excel
Personal Loan In Delhi NCR: Lesser EMI, Apply Now
List of all Gold Loan Schemes in India
Top 10 Best AC (Air Conditioners) in India
What Is The Emi For Rs. 20 Lakh Personal Loan?
How to Claim HRA While Filing Your Income Tax Return (ITR)?
All about convertible debentures, it’s meaning and features
Advantages of Using a SIP Calculator
Tips To Earn Maximum Interest From Your Public Provident Fund