A Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-digit alpha-numeric number. It is a unique identification number for all Indian citizens that stores all their tax information. The Income Tax Department has made it possible for us to download the E-PAN card. You can easily access this PAN card at your will. The E-PAN card is used in the same way that a physical PAN card is used. It contains all your PAN card details. You can make financial transactions with the help of an E-PAN card. Remembering your PAN card number and entering your correct PAN card details is crucial.
What is an E-PAN card?
An E-PAN card is an electronic PAN card. Usually, an E-PAN card is provided to first-time taxpayers. If you hold a physical PAN card, you can also opt to receive an E-PAN card. You may note the following features:
- E-Pan is available free of cost for a limited period
- You can receive an E-PAN card as an individual. E-PAN cards are not available for organisations, HUFs, trusts, organisations and businesses
- An Aadhaar card is used to generate the E-PAN card
Eligibility for Receiving an E-PAN card
- You must be an Indian citizen
- You must be an individual and hold a valid Aadhaar card
- Your mobile phone number should be linked to your Aadhaar card
What Details Does a PAN Card Hold?
PAN card details include the following:-
- Your name, date of birth and other personal details
- QR codes
- Your digitally scanned picture and signature
- Your father’s name
- Your gender
How to Apply for an E-PAN Card?
If you already hold a physical PAN card, your PAN card details are available online on various websites.
Steps to follow for first-time applicants:
If you do not already have a physical PAN card, you can apply for an E-PAN card on the UTIISL or the NSDL website.
Please follow these outlined steps:-
- Fill out your application form
- Attach relevant documents to verify your identity and address
- Submit the completed form
- You will be given the option to choose a physical PAN or an E-PAN
- Select the E-PAN option
- If you apply for an E-PAN with online KYC and electronic signature, the application fee is Rs 66. For a physical PAN, the fee is Rs 72
- Once you have submitted the documents, you need to pay the fees online
- Once the process is complete, the E-PAN will be sent to your email address within 10-15 days in a PDF format
A Guide to Download the E-PAN Card from Various Websites
You can download your E-PAN card from various websites, like the UTIISL website, NSDL portal or the Income Tax Department website.
To download the E-PAN card from the UTIISL site, you may follow the steps given below:
- Go to the UTIISL website. Select ‘Apply for PAN card’
- Download E-PAN card
- Fill up the required details such as your name, date of birth, gender, father’s name, Aadhaar Card number, etc
- Upload your scanned signature and photo
- A one-time-password (OTP) will be sent to your registered email address and phone number
- Enter the OTP
- You can now download the E-PAN Card
There are two options to download E-PAN from the NSDL portal, by using an acknowledgement number or a PAN number.
- Enter the acknowledgement number which is valid for 30 days
- Enter your date of birth
- Enter the captcha code
- Click on ‘submit’
- You will receive a one-time-password on your email address or mobile phone
- Enter the OTP and download your E-PAN card
- Enter PAN and Aadhaar number
- Provide your date of birth
- If you have a GST number, the same can also be added
- Read the declaration and click ‘submit’
- Tick all the guidelines and enter the captcha code
- Click on ‘submit’
- Enter the OTP which is sent to the registered email address or mobile number
- Download the E-PAN card
Downloading the E-PAN card from the Income Tax website
- Log in to the Income Tax department e-filing portal
- Click on ‘Instant E-PAN’ at the bottom of the screen
- Click on ‘Get New E-PAN card’
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and follow the instructions
- Enter all the required details
- Enter the OTP and confirm your details
- Download your E-PAN card
The E-PAN card can be downloaded for free for 30 days after applying. Post 30 days, you have to pay an application fee. If your mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar card, then you can download your E-PAN number using your date of birth and your Aadhaar number.
Getting your E-PAN card in certain contingent events
- If you have lost your PAN card but remember the number, you can get a duplicate PAN card from the NSDL or UTIISL website. UTIISL provides a coupon number to download a duplicate PAN card. NSDL provides an acknowledgement number with which you can download your copy.
- If you don’t have a PAN card reference, you can download your PAN card from the “Know Your PAN” facility on the Income Tax department website.
- Your E-PAN cannot be downloaded from any mobile app.
- Free downloads of E-PAN cards are allowed for the first 30 days. After that, a fee of Rs 8.26 per download is charged.
E-PAN card has the same features and advantages as a physical PAN card. It can be used for tax purposes, banking and making any other financial investment. An E-PAN card is convenient and easy to use. As PAN cards are mandatory, we should complete all the formalities for acquiring an E-PAN card at the earliest. If you need more assistance with understanding the above-mentioned processes, consult the experts at Piramal Finance. This online platform is what you need to learn everything about relevant developments and processes in the world of finance. For more information on financial matters or about personal loans, credit cards, and financial management, check out the blogs on their website!
Also Read: Which Is The Best Laptop Brand In India?