How can I link my PAN with my EPF account online? Can it be done online? What is the fastest way to link a PAN card with an EPF account? You must attach practically all your papers to your account to access the EPF account and its functions. EPFO is committed to preserving your privacy and will go to any length to ensure that your personal information does not fall into the wrong hands.
As a result, EPFO asks its members to have their KYC paperwork ready to connect their Aadhaar to their EPF account and to link their PAN to their EPF account as confirmation that they are who they claim to be. When you finish reading this blog article, you’ll understand why it’s critical to link your PAN to your EPF account and what you need to do.
An EPF Account Quick Overview
Salaried employees in India are eligible for retirement benefits from the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) under Indian government laws. EPFO, which stands for Employees’ Provident Fund Organization, is in charge. Any business with more than twenty employees must join the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). Employees have the option to save away a part of their earnings for future use. Even if the firm no longer employs a worker, they may access the pooled funds in an emergency. To enjoy all the government facilities, one must link pan with EPF.
The acronym UAN has no obvious significance.
A UAN is an abbreviation for Universal Account Number. The UAN will function as a repository for all associated member IDs distributed by various organizations. The objective is to associate one member with several member IDs issued under a single universal account number. The member will benefit from an M.I.N. (member ID) display that displays all relevant M.I.N.s (member IDs). Members assigned a UAN must provide that number when joining a new company. The firm may now associate the member ID with the UIN assigned to the employee. An employer needs a UAN to assign a UIN to a new member ID, and if the member does not provide their UAN, the employer will be unable to do so. So having an EPF account online is a great advantage.
How to link pan with EPF account?
To connect your PAN to your EPF account, follow the procedures outlined in this online guide:
- To utilise EPFO’s online services, enter your UAN and password.
- To access the “Know Your Customer” page, choose “Manage” from the top menu, then “KYC.”
- After that, you’ll be sent to the KYC page, where you’ll notice a drop-down box for document type and a list of documents that need to be amended.
- Now that you know you need to connect your PAN to your EPF account, you may do so by heading to your EPF account‘s main menu and selecting the PAN option.
- Also, enter your complete name exactly as it appears on your PAN card and click “Save.”
- After the Income Tax Department confirms that the information you provided regarding your name and PAN is valid, your EPF account will be connected to your PAN.
- Remember that when you’ve connected your PAN to your EPF account, you may access this information by visiting the EPFO website and hitting the “Manage Profile” button on the main page.
How to connect your PAN to your EPF account without going online?
Here’s how to connect your EPF account to your PAN without using a computer:
- Call or visit the EPFO office that is most convenient for you to link PAN with EPF.
- If you wish to proceed with the request, you must double-check the form to ensure that your PAN, UAN, name, and other details are correct.
- Include a self-attested copy of your PAN Card and UAN while submitting the EPF-PAN connection form.
- An administrator will review your application once you submit these papers. Your PAN will be connected to your EPF account if it is authorized.
- If your EPF-PAN connection changes, you will be alerted through email and text messages.
Can I check my PF account number using my PAN?
You may get your PF account number using your PAN card. After you activate your UAN, you must complete a few basic steps before you may begin:
- After logging in to the EPF member site, click the “Activate UAN” button.
- In the appropriate boxes, enter your name, PAN number, birthdate, mobile phone number, and the captcha code.
- Please choose “Get Authorization PIN” from the list.
- The one-time PIN (OTP) required for permission will be sent to your registered phone number.
- This PIN will be required when you click the “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” button.
- After you have completed these steps, your UAN will be activated.
- The UAN and password will be delivered by text message to the cellphone number you provided when signing up.
Why opening an EPF account is a smart idea?
The following are the advantages of joining the EPF:
- Workers may find it simpler to raise complaints and obtain answers to issues regarding compliance and perks by utilizing EPFO.
- Because the EPFO is a government organization, all businesses must follow its established laws and regulations to comply with the Employees’ Provident Fund. You have to do this. So having an EPF account can be beneficial.
- The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made getting services online simple.
- Because of EPF’s efforts, the average time it takes to resolve a claim has decreased from twenty to three days.
- EPF serves as a center for spreading and committing to various sorts of voluntarily enforceable compliance.
- The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) allows employees to save large sums for retirement. So having an EPF account is important.
- Professionals who contribute to the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) regularly find it simpler and more convenient to save a significant sum for future requirements than to invest a large sum of money from their paychecks every month.
- Employees may access part or all of their EPF funds in an emergency.
- The EPF account is an essential tool for reducing taxable income.
We hope you take advantage of all EPFO resources through your EPF account. You may also use your PAN card to retrieve your PF account number on the EPFO website. You could do the same.
If an employee has difficulty using the online choices, they may travel to the nearest EPF office, fill out the EPF-PAN linking form in person, and bring, a copy of their PAN card and their self-attested UAN with them for EPF account. There are also more in-depth, educational articles on Piramal Finance. Keep reading to know more!